Friday, February 27, 2009

Pick up a book dammit!



"Invisible Man, a novel written by Ralph Waldo Ellison. It was the only novel that Ellison published during his lifetime, and it won him the National Book Award in 1953. The novel addresses many of the social and intellectual issues facing African-American identity, including the relationship between this identity and Marxism, black nationalism, and the reformist racial policies of Booker T. Washington.
Time magazine included the novel in its TIME 100 Best English-language Novels from 1923 to 2005."

- From Wikipedia

Im currently reading this book for like the....hundredth time. First time I read it for an English assignment, I didnt really appreciate the dynamics of it until I got a lil older. Moving down the streams of my lifetime, I often pick up this great book and discover more fasinating details like it was never there when I read it the first time....So turn off the T.V. and pick up a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment